Wednesday, June 24, 2009

DO WE EVER GET TO 3?

I don't know how many of you mommies out there do the counting thing when your children are doing something they aren't suppose to, but I do!  I start out with that stern voice and count 1...and if they don't stop you get a little louder, still in the same stern voice, 2...and then if they still don't stop I usually ramble off a phrase such as, "I don't want to get to 3," or "do you want a spanking?"  By this time my child has usually stopped which is a good thing because I really have no intentions of  getting up to punish him or I just really don't think I have ever gotten to 3!  

This question came up yesterday while I was in the ever so posh Wal-Mart and as soon as I walked in the door I heard a dad doing this same thing to his son!  Of course he didn't get to 3...which I believe most of us don't!

2 comments:

jenny keller said...

Oh I'm totally a counter!! There is such a long pause though from 2-3, which usually ends with Ally running away holding her hands over her behind. We all do it.

I was going to email you a few weeks ago but you never sent me your email! I have a couple of cameras:

Canon Rebel XTI
18-55 mm lense
55-250 lense

Canon 5D
18-200 mm lense

Canon Speedlite 430 EX II

My summer is getting booked up with photo appointments! My cameras are getting good use! Let me know if you ever want to get together for a family session, or a newborn shoot. Your kids are beautiful, I'd love to photograph Harper!

You can email me if you want:
jennyraekeller@gmail.com

Kirstie said...

Count in Spanish. It confuses the crap out of 'em.


My kids also don't EVER listen. I'm more of a 2 1/2, 2 3/4, & 2 15/16 type of mom. I guess it's because I'm too lazy to get off the couch and punish them.