Sunday, February 14, 2010

THE QUEST


At the beginning of this year I began a 5 week workout program called The Quest, The Resolution Solution!  The program was being put on by Steve's cousin Jenny who owns her own personal training business called Priority Health & Fitness.  Every week of the Quest you focus on adding something new to your diet & exercising.  For example:  week 1 = water, week 2 = veggies, week 3 = fruit, week 4 = fiber, week 5 = smart carbs.  You get points for meeting these goals each week and then you also get points for doing cardio, strength training and new exercises!  I love this program because it is a challenge and it holds you accountable.  I also like it because it just focuses on the important parts of weight loss and physical fitness instead of being a crash diet!  One of the other parts of this Quest was the 50 miles in 5 weeks.  Jenny put out the challenge of running 50 mile in 5 weeks.  I didn't make the 50 miles, but I did do 34!  One of my goals that came from the Quest was to run one 5k race a month.  I did the Nookachamps race in January and got 34:00.  Yesterday to end the Quest we ran the 2 for the road race.  You were suppose to run with a partner holding a piece of string in between you and finish together.  Steve and I ran the race together and I beat my time by 5 minutes!  We got 28:56!  Steve and I have tried to run with the kids every night that we can!  So I am going to keep it up and I look forward to the next Quest starting soon!
Before the race striking our running pose!
The beginning of the race...here we go!
Rhona and her sister Linda!  Rhona was my Quest partner...we rocked!
Everyone finished!  Go Questers!

No comments: