Sunday, April 11, 2010

DADDY'S 32nd BIRTHDAY


It seems like for the past couple of years, Steve has had to work on his birthday...so we bring the birthday celebration to him!  Now if you know anything about my husband you know that he HATES unnecessary attention...especially when it's all about him!  So what do we do...we make sure he has lots of attention directed at him!  I go out of my way to make a big deal out of his birthday and I do my best to embarrass him in front of the "brothas!"  He tells me that since he gives and gets so much crap at work, anything I do or say doesn't even phase him!  So I just keep trying and one of these days I will get him good!!  

This year we showed up at the station(after talking to the brothas and finding out that he had moved stations during the day...thanks for telling me!) for dinner.  Of course Steve didn't know we were coming, but I had talked to Dean Shelton and arranged for us to join them for dinner.  Xavier wore his fire helmet hat and I made fire helmet cookies along with a ladder truck cookie just for Stevie!  I brought ice cream, candles & presents and made sure that we sang Happy Birthday just for him!  I don't think he really wanted us there, but Xavier was excited to celebrate his Daddy's birthday, so that is all that matters!  Happy Birthday Stevie...he is off next year on his birthday, so I need to start planning something special!!  hehe!
644 is his number
"his" ladder truck!



No comments: