Sunday, April 11, 2010

EASTER!

With my new found love of baking, I decided to try to be creative with the Easter dessert I was bringing to the Neyens Easter potluck.  I will admit...I found the idea in a book, but I did alter it to my liking! The Easter Bunny came and brought lots of candy, toys and eggs.  Harper was also sporting her new Easter dress that Nana bought her and she was practicing her walking skills!!  Yes...Harper took her first steps on March 31st!!  It was such a fun day and I think it's safe to say both of my children were on sugar highs the entire day!


Here's my Easter basket cupcakes...
make cookie dough into balls (I made peanut butter) freeze it.
fill the cups 2/3 full...I made dark chocolate cake mix
add the cookie dough (still frozen) into the center of the mix
bake as directed
once cooled, stick the chocolate twizzlers into the cupcakes
I piped green frosting around the sides to make it like green grass, then put a little frosting in the middle so the coconut will stick.
put coconut in a bag, add some green food coloring and a little water and mix
add something on top...I chose peanut m&ms to go with the peanut butter chocolate cupcake
the finished product!! So yummy and fun!
The bunny came!

look at the look on his face...he was so giddy!
she had no clue what was going on!
opening the eggs he found that the bunny brought
she's walking!!
so pretty in her 1st Easter dress!
cracking the eggs on his head that he found at Laurie's house!
and cracking them on Laurie's head!
Harper getting in on the egg action...much to her brothers dismay!
we celebrated Stevie's birthday too.
blowing out the candles
yum...dessert!  I think we had more dessert than food!!
Harper is a kissing fool...she gave Grandma kisses
& Papa kisses
a tired Harper
Xavier loves to play the trumpet...and he's pretty good too!

No comments: