Tuesday, March 24, 2009

WICKED


This past weekend was a girls weekend for my mom and me!  For my 30th birthday my mom bought me tickets to go see the Broadway musical Wicked!  I have always wanted to see that show, but it wasn't coming to Seattle, it was only going to be in Portland.  So ROAD TRIP!!  We left Saturday morning and drove to Portland to stay the weekend!  We stayed in the middle of downtown at the Westin and went shopping at the mall that was right behind our hotel....how perfect is that!  
The NCAA tourney was also in Portland and a lot of the NCAA officials were staying at our hotel.  One of them even gave us a program so I could give it to Steve since the Huskies and Gonzaga were playing there!  
On Sunday we went to our matinee of Wicked!  It was sooo good!  For those of you who don't know what it is about, it is about the Wicked Witch of West and Glinda the Good Witch from the Wizard Of Oz when they were in college and were friends!  It was so interesting to see how the story tied into the Wizard Of Oz!!  I think now I will read the books!
On our way home I was having bad contractions.  I think it was from all of the sitting and even today they are still there, but my doctor is going on vacation so Harper can't come early...she just needs to cook for 30 more days!!

1 comment:

Christine said...

I loved this musical! The kids and I along with some friends went to see it last year when they were in town! We live in Kent WA. I noticed we are kind of neighbors...my daughter is at WWU. We just dropped her off there Sunday after having her and a few of her team mates here with us for Easter week end.