Monday, March 30, 2009

BABY SHOWER!

When we decided not to paint this room...I had the idea for pink and zebra as the accents since the green was so strong in the room....most people thought I was crazy...but I think it is going to turn out cute!  So these pictures were my first vision.
Diaper stacker to match the quilt made by Rhona(grandma Neyens)
Crochet pink blanket and booties made by Esther(GG-Great Grandma Neyens)
Zebra and pink silky blanket made by Megan(EE).  There is even a little one for Harper's baby dolls!  In the corner are two hand made burp clothes.
Sweater and hats made by Erin(EEE)
Harper's quilt made by Rhona(grandma Neyens) Megan(EE Neyens) & Erin(EEE Neyens) they did it in one day!  Xavier says EE for Auntie and EEE for Auntie Erin....so that is why Megan and Erin are referred to as EE and EEE!
Curtains made by Rhona(grandma Neyens) to match the quilt

On Sunday my mom threw me a baby shower for Harper at Ristretto!  It was so much fun!  My mom is such a great party planner.  She always has great gifts for prizes to the fun games.  Did I mention it was at Ristretto!!!  My friend Andrea owns Ristretto so you can rent it out and she closes it down just for you!  It was perfect.  I almost considered not having a baby shower because I wasn't sure what the rules were for second babies and showers, but since this time around it was a girl and I didn't have any pink I decided it was ok!

I'm not putting any pictures of me up from the shower because I think I'm fat, but I am posting pictures of the homemade gifts the Neyens family gave me!  My in-laws can make anything and we keep telling them to open their own online baby store!!  Their gifts were amazing!  

I got so many great gifts!  My baby girl has enough clothes until she starts kindergarten!!  
There are so many new great baby things out now and it has only been 2 years since Xavier was born.  

Thank you everyone who came!!  You made the shower so much fun!

PS...when the nursery is finished I will post pictures!  It is still a work in progress, but you can probably tell the colors and patterns I am going for!

5 comments:

Kelsey said...

I had so much fun at your shower. You got the cutest stuff. I can't believe all of the amazing homemade items from the your in-laws...I am jealous!! They can always adopt another family to make things for if they want. I can't wait to see Harper's room when it's done, it's going to be the cutest baby's room!

Nick, Megan, Chelsea and Tenlee said...

I LOVE the pink, green and zebra print together. It looks great!! I would have never thought to combine them. Can't wait to see the finished product!!

Oh, and you're NOT fat...you look absolutely beautiful and you'll drop it all in no time! ;)

Megan said...

Those Neyens girls do awesome work! I love the zebra print for her room, very chic. I saw you in the produce section at Fred Meyer tonight and you totally don't look fat silly girl! And that kinda sounds creepy like I'm stalking you but no, I was on my way out the door with two hungry, cranky kids!

Unknown said...

This is EEE...I thought that there may need some clarification needed on the length of time to complete the quilt. It was 1 day of shopping, 1 day to make the quilt top, we have a fab lady in Seattle that did the quilting, and GG did the binding by hand to finish it all off. When we say how long the quilt takes, we mainly account for making the quilt top, but there is much more to make it all come together. It was fun!! :)

Anonymous said...

The shower was fun-thanks for inviting me! :-) All the homemade gifts from your family are absolutely beautiful! You are so fortunate to have such wonderful family. I checked out etsy.com and bought some homemade blankets and stuff for the kids...I just couldn't resist after seeing all the fabulous stuff you got for Harper. That baby girl is so lucky to have a momma who is so stylish! ;-)

xoxo
Em

P.S.
LOVING YOUR BABY BELLY PHOTO-PERFECT!