Sunday, February 8, 2009

MY VALENTINE

Mama's Valentine
Today started out great.....

Steve was working today so it was just me and my little boy!  We went to buy Xavier some new shoes today because his feet won't stop growing!  He is now wearing a size 9.  I'm not sure if that is big for his age, but I feel like I spend more money on shoes than I do on diapers!  Before Steve left for work he made sure to tell me no "themed" shoes.  Well...we found some Lightning McQueen shoes and for those of you who don't know who Lightning McQueen is well let me tell you...he is the race car headliner in Disney's CARS!!  I think Xavier knows every word to that movie, he is obsessed!  When we got the shoes we had to wear them out of the store and he was looking at himself in the mirror and smiling so big!  He loves his shoes!!!  So sorry babe, we had to get the "themed" shoes!  

So the picture attached is after we got home from our shoe shopping spree and we were making valentines.  This was the last time we would see Xavier in a good mood!!  It was all down hill the rest of the night.  So I would like to take this time to scold all of you bloggers out there who don't report on your blogs when you have a poopy day and nothing you say to your child sinks in and you feel like you just want to go hide under the covers so nobody can find you!  Yes it was one of those days!  Xavier's new thing is to cry for his daddy when daddy is at work.  So the second half of the day if the dog even looked at Xavier wrong he would cry, but not for me, for DADDY!!!!  AAAAHHHH he is 2!

So I challenge you bloggers out there to report not just the cutesy moments that happen with your family, but the challenging ones too!  Be real!  Whew ok had to get that off my chest, now it is time to prepare for bedtime and Depserate House Wives!!

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Well said Lianna! Sorry about your poopy day the other day. You are such a good mom making Valentines with Xavier!

Megan said...

I have one of those days every day right now! At least only one of my kids is a real stinker right now, two might put me over the edge!