Tuesday, October 13, 2009

BROTHER & SISTER


I never had a brother or a sister.  Being an only child you learn to entertain yourself and  you never have to share.  If you ask Steve I am still not good at sharing!  Since Harper entered "Xavier's World, "  he has had to become a good "sharer!"  Lately Harper has been grabbing at his books and toys and he doesn't like it too much.  For the first 3 months of Harper's life, Xavier could really care less that she existed.  Now, he has taken to her a little more.  Just the other night she was crying in our bed and Xavier asked if he could hold her.  I wish I had a picture because it was the sweetest thing.  He was holding her and kind of rocking her and saying, "sshh baby Harper, it's ok."  It didn't last long, but long enough to make me smile!  When she is in her exersaucer and she is chewing on the toys, he will be next to her saying, "now be careful chewing on that horsey, you don't want to choke!"  Harper just LOVES Xavier too!  She will stare at him and laugh at his silliness!  At this point I hope Xavier is the big brother who takes care of his little sister and Harper will be the little sister who is constantly giving her older brother a hard time.   I am so glad they have each other and I know in the future they will appreciate all the times when they do have someone to "share" things with!

1 comment:

Megan said...

the cute sibling moments ended at our house once Trey could walk! Now I spend the great majority of my day breaking up fights and dealing with "MOM!! He's looking at me!!" Enjoy those precious sweet moments when they do come!!