Sunday, October 25, 2009

A "CARS" BIRTHDAY PARTY

Today we had Xavier's 3rd birthday party!  This was a big event in the making!  Ever since we got back from Disneyland, he knew he wanted a Lightning McQueen party.  Thank goodness Party City has a ton of Cars party stuff!  I decided this year I was going to try to make a special cake for Xavier since I am addicted to the Ace of Cakes and Cake Boss shows!  So I bought the Lightning McQueen cake set!  Xavier and I had made the cake and cupcakes the night before so on Sunday morning we got up early to start decorating!  We decorated the whole house with Cars stuff!  We brought out all of his pillows and blankets that are Cars and then we put up all of the additional decor we had bought!  I then began to decorate the Lightning McQueen cake!  It only took me 2 HOURS!!  Xavier was right by me the entire time talking to me about what I was doing!  I think for my first cake it turned out pretty good and Xavier loved it so that's all that matters!  The party was fun and Xavier got a ton of gifts!  With no nap the entire day, he had a little bit of birthday let down and he is now in our bed watching Leap Frog Word Factory...but I doubt he is watching it...he is probably fast asleep!  

After 2 Hours it's almost done!

The finished product!

CARS!


Another one of her new tricks...sitting up for short periods of time!

guests...
more guests
Having fun at the party!
Nana & Harper
Mommy & Daughter in our puffy vests!
Auntie Megan, GG & Harper
showing his friends his presents
A tractor from Papa
Black & Decker tools from Auntie Erin (EEE)
He was pretty good at opening the cards before the presents
He would try to read me the card while I was reading it to him!
Grandma Mary got Harper a pink pig, so Xavier went to give it to her!
A Moose from Grandma Mary


The set up
The cake again...I didn't want to cut into it....


Xavier & Quinn
Ty, Xavier & Quinn lining up the cars for a race

5 comments:

Kelsey said...

Ty had a great time at Xavier's birthday. He now really insists on having a Cars theme too...I hope you don't mind. By the way, Pat is really impressed with your cake!

jenny keller said...

good job lianna! i hate character cakes, they take forever. you did great though! your kids are so cute, i can't believe how big harper is getting!

flynnfamily said...

cute cake!

The Neyens Family said...

Thanks girls for the nice cake comments! I was thinking of you the entire time Jenny...wondering how you make such beautiful cakes, cupcakes and cookies all the time!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday X! And, GREAT job on the cake Super Mommy...I did one of those cakes for Jaxon's 1st birthday (it was Elmo though) and it's HARD WORK! So, good job! :)